Pages

Wednesday 7 May 2014

My holiday recount

As a grey cloud slithered like a snake through the dark sky the mighty Mount Wellington
Warriors were preparing for their match against Waitemata Seagulls . We could not believe our eyes when we saw the size of these kids they were giants. But that did not mean they weren't scared of us.


“Blow the whistle ref” I said in my head I was eager to start the game. “Are you ready Waitemata” the referee said. We received the ball first which meant we had to kick. All our team chased the ball like there was no tomorrow. I could not believe it the second they got the ball the had scored. It was tradgect.


As the game continued we had the opportunity to receive the ball as we entered the scrum I had the the opportunity to receive the ball and I did I stepped and ran I was off. Unfortunately I got caught. But we had luck on our side which gave us a chance to score.


Tired and thirsty we were in the lead in the first half we were exhausted. Luckily one of our parents had pieces of refreshing oranges that helped us gain our energy back. In the Second half it was Waitemata’s
kick. If was our turn to have the ball.


Fortunately we had the speed in our team to win the game. You might have thought this was the best day of my life but trust me it wasn't, the best day of my life was getting a award for best back for prize giving.




No comments:

Post a Comment